In-Pavement Loop Tester
Simple single connection easy to use in-pavement loop tester. This rugged field service instrument is purpose designed for in-pavement loop analysis. The basic LT-100 unit utilises a single loop feeder connection to initiate a measurement operation which displays on an alpha-numeric LCD panel all relevant in-pavement loop parameters including; open circuit, short circuit, DC resistance, inductance, loop 'Q' and tuned frequency.
Additionally an analogue bar graph display indicates a vehicle actuation incorporating the relevant 'electromagnetic' change associated with the vehicle detection.
The more advanced LTM1000 features include all LT100 functions, a probe which locates concealed loop windings, and a single button actuation for loop insulation integrity evaluation.
Features and Attributes
· Single connection – all measurements displayed simultaneously
· Identifies loop short circuit and open circuit loop states
· Identifies vehicle actuation with analogue bar graph display
o DC Resistance
o Loop inductance (microhenries)
o Calculates tuned frequency
o Calculates loop 'Q'
· Multi-function device
· Weather proof touch sensitive function selection keypad
· Large LCD panel with user selectable backlight
· Incorporates all LT100 measurement features (as stated)
· Verifies loop wire insulation integrity
· Locates in-pavement loops from moving vehicle
· Locates concealed in-pavement loop winding boundaries
· Robust plastic protective shroud
· Single 9 volt DC battery operation
· Single momentary switch ON / OFF operation
· Auto timeout operation 15secs after removal loop /open circuit.
· Single connection to initiate loop measurements
· Manual LCD backlight operation for power consumption
· Measures immediately when loop feeders are connected
In-Pavement Symmetripole Loop Tester
This is a rugged field service instrument, purpose designed for in-pavement symmetripole loop analysis. Symmetripole loop configuration is achieved by connecting two quadripole loops in a manner to enable the fields to complement each other. This 'balanced' field operation, provides a measurable more consistent operation in varied environments than traditional type A square loops (Morris, Dean & Hulscher 1983).
The SLT-100 Symmetripole Loop Tester identifies correct electromagnetic field 'phasing' of in-pavement symmetripole loops. The transmitter unit has a standard automobile 'cigarette lighter' plug to facilitate 12 volt DC supply connection. The 'local' and 'remote' sensing units (interconnected with white spiral cable), require a single 9 volt DC battery installed in the unit without the LED display.
A bar graph representation utilising LEDS provides an excellent field indication of energy levels in individual loops and balanced field energy levels when verifying the phasing of the two loops.